Today was a good day for me. I was able to take a great nap this afternoon (after Jared took his nap). We always take turns so we don't both go crazy. It really helps refresh us before the start of another week. It's sad because I can remember a time when we both took a nap every Sunday afternoon, so those of you who still have that opportunity-- LIVE IT UP WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!
It was Sam's birthday last Tuesday, but we were so worn out that we didn't celebrate it til today. We baked a cake, and he really enjoyed eating it! We invited Jared's Mom over also because her 60th birthday was on Thursday. We were glad to see her. She seems to be doing so well at her new apartment. She is happy and it shows. She also loves her new ward. There are a lot more seniors in that ward, so she has a lot more friends it seems.
I was hoping that all my troubles would just melt away when the kids went back to school, but it didn't quite happen that way. It's still a lot of work to try and clean this house while 3 kids are still at home. Rusty is staying awake a lot more these days. I only had them gone for 2 days last week, so maybe it will be better when they go back tomorrow. I'm also trying to figure out if the school lunch is cheaper than making them a lunch each day. Anybody got any ideas on this? It costs 1.75 per day for school lunch, which is about $35/month for each child...$105 a month total for 3 kids. They would probably have more healthy food than mine since I only pack a sandwich, chips or crackers, a snack such as yogurt, or some kind of fruit and a juice box etc. Well, it's probably healthy, but I just worry about them eating a sandwich every single day, you know? How boring.
In other news, we went swimming at our local health club on Friday and had a lot of fun. The kids are always excited to go there, and best of all they finally let Isaac go down the huge water slide. That kid has been waiting for a year and a half to be tall enough for that thing.
Mary said the cutest thing today, she said "Mama, I wish you could grow down to my size and be my sister". What a poor little sweet girl!!! I feel so sorry for her sometimes! Jr. and Isaac tease her really bad. They took all her underware out of her dresser and hid it under her bed the other day. What should I do??? I have no clue! Stinkers!
I am glad to say I went to church today and had a great time. I love my ward. I love the gospel and I know the church is true. Lots of love to all my family and friends wherever you are out there in the universe!
8 comments:
I so love you to sister cousin :). You are such a great mom. I don't know how you juggle all that you do! No advice on the lunch thing sorry. Boys will be boys! Mary sounds so sweet. Poor thing. Hugs loves and more hugs!
Jewels, first off the lunch thing... tried it a couple of years ago. It was cheaper to pack a lunch around $35 a month for two. I bought everything from the large warehouse stores Sams club/Costco. My kids loved it for about three months, then they got sick of sandwiches. So i put them back on school lunch, then they begged for a sack lunch. Alternate months is my suggestion. One month you pack next month let them eat school lunch!
Getting the house clean??? What is that. Just do what you can, leave the perfectionist thing behind you. I finally had to! Pick 5 or 6 things you want to get done that day and do them. If you get them done small triumph! Of course laundry (with families our size we have to), all the dishes, dinner, clean bathroom or bedroom or closet, appointment, and then pick up the main part of the house. Thats about all I can get done in a day anymore. This is our season and it will change. I PROMISE!
Boys will be boys! Have a talk about privacy. That's all you can do! They won't listen but worth a try!
I love you! When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on!!!!
We are doing the most important thing raising kids and that is the most important service on earth!!!
Sorry about my storybook! lol
it happens it will be mess. Looks like a fun birthday.
Lokks like Sam had a good birthday. Try a little of both on the lunch thing. Make them choose. Love ya Dad
I love the chocolate on Sam's face! Poor Mary, she needs a sister so bad. Sarah keeps telling me she wishes Mary were her little sister and Mason should go. Hahaha. Love you.
Poor little Mary Moo, every girl needs a sister. I hope she will find a good little friend at school that can help make it better. Looks like Sam had fun, soo cute! I am glad Sandy is happy too, please give her my best. Sure love ya now!!
I love that picture of Sam!!!
Post a Comment