Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun in Colorado



We took a family vacation to Colorado to see Jared's Grandma. It was a wonderful trip. We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo while we were there. The kids had a blast!

Grma Peggy was very happy to see us. She is 86 years old. She is a wonderful lady. I love her very much. It was worth more than anything to see her and for her to see the kids.
She loved little Russell. Here she is feeding him a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.

Our hotel had a nice pool and hot tub, which we took full advantage of. Unfortunately though, Isaac got an ear infection and Jared Sr. got food poisoning! But aside from that it was great.

So you might wonder what's going on with me right now? I haven't blogged for a long time! It seems like there is just one thing after another for me to keep busy...having my Mom come over for a visit, my trip to Utah, then having Susan and her kids living with me for a month, and then our trip to Colorado. Not to mention that the kids are now out of school so I am in heaven with being able to sit around and take it easy (because what's the use of cleaning, it will be messy again in 5 minutes anyway, so I'm relaxing) LOL

I am getting excited to start school this fall at Columbia College. Before then, I'm hoping to get a bunch of landscaping work done outside, and tear down all the cottage cheese ceilings in my house. That's my goal for the summer. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

good luck in school

Melanie said...

You are always so ambitious and doing something....it is amazing to me what you do! Love you so much!