Sunday, March 20, 2011

Goodbye for now, Grma Peggy. We will miss you!



Our dear Grma Peggy passed away today. She was Jared's Mother's Mother. She faithfully wrote letters to us all the years we were married. She was one of the few who really rejoiced with each new addition to our family, and loved each of the kids so very much. We went to visit her in Colorado in the summer of 2009, and I'm so glad we did! The memories will live on in our hearts forever.
Grma,
Thank you for being so kind to us. You showed us unconditional love. You were the best Grandma in the world! And beyond that, you were one of my dearest friends. I will miss getting those letters in the mailbox. Who will I tell when the kids do something cute? Who will I think about when I need to calm my heart--It will still be you Grma, it will always be you...you are my happy place. You accepted me for who I was. You were someone I could count on to always love me and think good things about me no matter what. What on earth will I do without you?

4 comments:

Lianna Black said...

So sorry for your loss and of your family. Losing a grandparent sure hurts as we well know ourselves. I am so sorry for the loss of unconditional love and friendship that is so very hard to find in this mean ole world. I know she is probably rejoicing in the reunions she is having but I wish it was easier for the loved ones she leaves behind. Sending you my love and deepest sympathies Shugie! Sure love you all now :)

Julie@My5monkeys said...

we will miss her too with all those letters. She was such a joy and sad that my kids didn't meet her, we made sure that she got pictures every year.

Melanie said...

So hard to lose the person that loves you regardless of who you are or what you do. I lost that person on the 16th (my Grandma Dee). I can definitely relate to the way you are feeling right now. I sat there and cried because my Grandma was the only one in this world that I knew would love me always no matter what. BIG hugs to you and your kiddos! Love you much!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!

I could have written that last paragraph of your blog myself. Unconditional love was gr'mas specialty. Part of what is helping me cope with this loss is striving to become as much like her as I can possibly be. So much wisdom, so much faith, so much heart...

She loved her kids of course... and her grandkids - totally, but it's her great grand kids that she always wanted to make sure she reached. It's our job now, to make sure that job is accomplished :) Gr'ma will live on through us and I'm more than proud to be included in this family tree :) <3 Cousin Audrey