Sunday, October 18, 2009

School's Out...until tomorrow.

This is my lab group from biology, working together. Going clockwise: Shahid, Jessica and Amanda, Matt, and me. It was so nice to have a group of friends to work with. The work went a lot faster that way, except when we made mistakes and ended up the last ones in the room with the teacher! I really enjoyed my time in Biology, and here are some of the things I learned about:
*How the cells turn oxygen and food into a useable form of energy for the body.
*How to make beer! haha
*How the food chain works, and how plants make food and oxygen for everybody.
*How to use a microscope (How embarrassing that I didn't know this and I'm 32 years old!)
*How plants reproduce
*What causes genetic disorders, and how genetic inheritance works.
*How to count the kernels on an ear of indian corn (don't ask)...
Overall I had a great first semester, and I'm looking forward to next session. I will be taking chemistry online, and Anatomy lecture and lab on campus. Hooray!
Hope everyone is having a beautiful and peaceful sabbath day.
HUGS!

5 comments:

Angela said...

I always knew that you and Lisa would be "naturals" in college. So glad you have the chance now! It makes me want to return to the total blast that my college years were. I had so many fab study groups. It is so awesome to have friends when you are studying. It just brings back great memories. LYN

cbull said...

Wow that semester flew by! Great job Julie =), we miss your family!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your AWESOME grades shugsteroni! I miss our "Monday Morning" talks. Maybe life will calm down a little soon. LOVE YOU

Lianna Black said...

Good for you little shugie plum!! What a gorg blog you have now!! I love it! Thanks for putting up such great posts, I am sorry cuz I need to visit more often! Love you so much now! Great to see your cute little chelf!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You make me want to go back to school too! What a wonderful example you are of a strong willed woman. I'm real excited for you sweets!