Friday, September 10, 2010

Nursing Classes!

I started my introduction to nursing class a couple of weeks ago. It has been so intense that I haven't even had time to blog about it! The first two weeks we learned about basics of nursing care (like a nursing assistant would learn starting out). I'm glad to have this foundation because of my lack of health care experience. I'm starting from zero.
Yesterday I passed my first two masteries on hand washing technique, and applying a wrist restraint. I was so nervous. The first one had 17 steps and the second, 36 steps to memorize. I was thinking that was tough until I saw next weeks masteries which are both over 60 steps each. YIKES! They are all about transferring a patient from a wheel chair to bed and vice versa. I'm so glad to learn these things! I love nursing! I'm having a blast!

3 comments:

Lianna Black said...

Let's hear it for nurse Jules!! Great going shugie! I am so proud of your desire to get an education!! We will all be educated here before long and that is so awesome! Good luck in everything my dear!! You are so smart and you are going to show the school the best nursing student they have ever seen! (Other than Susanna..hehe) Great job darlin and keep up the great work! Love you now!

The Pew Family said...

I am so proud of you shugsworthy!! You are such a natural at this! I knew you would do great on that mastery and you will do great on all the masteries to come!! Watch out Columbia College class of Dec 2011,, you've got a SERIOUS competitor here!

Love ya ever so much!

Melanie said...

I am so proud of you sweet cousin. I love you and miss you so much it hurts. Wish I could just curl up next to the fireplace in pine on a rainy day and drink a peach milk shake with you and talk for hours!