The kids are so happy to have Grandpa here. He has been teasing the kids to no end. Tommy ate all the toast Dad had made for him and then Dad says "Why is all that toast gone!" "You didn't save any for me?" Tommy didn't know if he was serious. it was hillarious. When I went to pick up the kids from school, the first thing Jr. said when he got in the car was "Is Grandpa still here?" That says it all. When we got home and walked in the door, Mary says "Grandpa, I'm home!" lol. He's the most exciting part of their day! Dad asked Isaac what he learned at school and (being the little jokster that he is) he said "I learned how to go potty." Sam calls him "pa" for short. He came up to Dad (sitting on the couch) and Dad trapped him between his legs. They made a game of it and Tommy and Sam would just stand there again and again waiting for the trap to snap closed. They loved it. How does Dad come up with this stuff? It's priceless.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
We are having Waaaaaaay too much fun...
First off, yesterday we were sitting around staring at eachother, so we decided to start pulling up the carpet in the dining room and the tile in the kitchen. We got the bulk of it done. Dad is such a fantastic Gr'mpa. He showed Tommy how to sweep up the staples with a tiny broom and dustpan. He then kept telling him what a good job he was doing, and little Tommy felt 10 feet tall by the end of it. He really felt like he'd made a contribution. lol
Suzy joined us and spent a couple hours with me breaking up the tile and sweeping etc. Thanks Shugums!
We were taking out our aggression...in a good way.
My hired help...at work. haha

Here is Dad holding little Rusty. Rusty loves to smile and coo at his Grandpa. They've already made a connection. Who wouldn't love a jolly old guy like him?
We are going to finish the job in the next day or two, then we decided to travel around and see all the church sites together. Wish you were all here to enjoy it with us!!! Love you now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
you have something to read on your trip now. :)
Who couldn't love a dear ole Daddy like him! You are so lucky to have him all to yourchelf!! Thank you for the great update of how much fun you guys are having and to have Sue there too, you are very lucky!! Wish I was there!!!!!!! LYNBB!
I am investigating the price of a flight out there to enjoy the church history sites with y'all. I get so depressed when there's a gathering and I'm 2000 miles away :(
I want my Daddy! Hey Lianna, let's do lunch and cry on each others shoulder for ourchelf. LYSMNBB
BTW : shugie, I'm SO glad your kiddos are being loved on by their grandpa. Precious little sweethearts! He'd make a great Santa all dressed up in a suit don't you think?
Great shots! HOw exciting new tile! I don't mind tearing up tile either... Bet Lu was coordinating the whole thing with a little clean up system! I JUST LOVE HER!
It will be cool to have new tile really quick!
I can't wait to get that Daddy back all for mine chelf! Enjoy it while you still can Shugster! hahahahaha! ...and call me. Ciao.
Yeppers Good ole Uncle Dad..... good shots you got of him with the kiddos. So cute to see you and Susie together! I miss you guys! Looks like you all had lots of fun!
Post a Comment