
I forgot to mention that I took Rusty in for his appointment with the dermatologist. He actually has what is called a pilomatrixoma, which is a benign epithelial tumor which is common in children under 10 years of age. It's usually a hair folicle that starts growing a calcified mass of tissue in it. The good news: It's not painful or harmful to him at all. The bad news: He will have to have it removed because this won't go away on it's own. We are waiting to hear back from the Doctor (she was going to talk to a group of doctors about it) to see when would be the appropriate time to get it removed. I'm not in any hurry. I'm just glad it's not something worse. Here is a picture where you can see it. It's just on the left side of his forehead. It's not very big. I have been having a lot of fun calling him little pet names like: knobby-knot, Mr. Lumpy, bunkles, knuckle-oma, etc. LOL
Nothing else is new with me. I'm waiting for Weezie and that's about it. Oh, and I can't wait to see her cutie kiddos. I love playing the "fun aunt" role. You guys know how I am. Have a lovely weekend everyone!
2 comments:
Oh Shugster!! I can't wait!! It is all I can think about! We will have the best time, the kiddos are so excited and have been drawing you pictures and writing letters tons! We will have the best food, the best company, and the best conversation! YEEEEE HAAAWWW!!! and YOUUUU BET!!! Love you so so so much now!
Sorry to hear about poor Rusty! No matter how small the condition or large it still hurts... and boy do we worry! Love and prayers!
Post a Comment