Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sorry I've been so out of touch!

I've been doing so many things that I haven't had time to write! The last couple of weeks have been so busy for me. I helped Sue move, then I was over there cleaning out her house a lot last week, then I had a bunch of work to do to get my own house cleaned up. I had a disaster area around here and it took a few days of solid work to get it all clean. I also cleaned my yard of all the leaves that had fallen down. I ended up with 13 bags full of sticks, twigs, leaves and nuts. There was a huge crop of hickory nuts this year. There was so many that the squirrels couldn't eat them all. We gathered several bags full and we will have fun eating them through the winter. They taste a lot like pecans, only they are a little smaller. They are delicious. I painted my kitchen yesterday, as well as my bathroom and my bedroom. I basically painted all day long. Now I have a mountain of laundry to do from two days of neglect.
We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. Jared grilled some chicken and pork chops. We love having them over. We have been having several people over lately and it is nice to have friends.
Jared and I went bowling last Saturday night and I won the game...thankyouverymuch. I won't mention our lame scores, but lets just say that neither of us broke 100. haha
I also found out this week that little Rusty has a hemangioma on the left side of his forehead, which means that it is a blood vessel that is overgrown. It looks like a purplish lump under the skin about the size of a pea. The doctor said it would probably go away on its own within 5-10 years. Otherwise there is surgery or laser therapy. Poor baby boy. It doesn't hurt him though, so that is good. I am taking him to the dermatologist next week to confirm that it really is a hemangioma and not something else entirely. My life is so busy! I hope everyone else is well and good. Love and hugs

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I know what you mean if you focus on one thing in the house the few other things get neglected. I paint my room or a backroom in our house they trash the living area! Then the routine daily things are scary looking like laundry, dishes, and of course man those kids cry to be fed all the time. LOL Hope the busy-ness settles for ya!

LYNB

Melanie said...

LOl......I so know what you are talking about sweetie. My house is literally falling down around me right now. With going to work M-F I just don't have the time or the energy anymore. You have such a full plate. You amaze me with how much you keep up!

Good call on getting a second opinion on your little Rusty Gord :)

Luvs

Lianna Black said...

Sounds like you are having a fun life. Im sorry about your little babers...glad you are getting a second opinion! LYN!