Sunday, November 2, 2008

This week for the Jones'

Well, this week has been kinda boring. We had the usual things going on, like Ballet, Tumbling, and shorin-ryu martial arts. The kids are happy to have something extra to do. We also started piano lessons twice a week starting about 3 weeks ago. I'm trying to be consistent on that. This week started off with me having an upset stomach I think it was food poisoning. I hate it when I get that... it's so painful, so I didn't get much done on Monday. Then every day after that I was at Susan's house helping her pack and clean up etc. and eventually on Friday she moved! She called me from Pennsylvania in their new apartment this afternoon. They made it safely there and she loves it. It looks like the pictures of New England in the fall she said. Sounds great, except for the fact that she won't see my smiling face all the time. Too bad for her. hahaha and too bad for me too. I miss her already. I'm thankful for the year that she was here. It was great to feel the closeness of having family nearby. More than that though, our sisterly friendship grew by leaps and bounds, and I hope that we can stay close though the miles will keep us physically apart.
In other news, I spent about 4 hours finishing the twilight saga's last book "Breaking dawn" today. I know, that's bad to do on Sunday, but I couldn't help it! I don't have time to mess around this week! I've got to get some housework done or my whole family will go to pot. Already I'm struggling just to have pajamas and underware in their dressers, and I can't waste time having my whole mind consumed with what will happen next in a teen fiction novel! I have to conserve my mental energies.
By the way (Julie!) It was so good. It really was a good series if you are into that sort of thing, and I really enjoyed the storyline and the diversion it offered me for the past few weeks. It was basically a fairy tale in that it offered a story about a "happily ever after". I like that. Now it's back to reality for me. I'm just a frumpy old housewife and mother of 6 brats! I wouldn't have it any other way. Man, though, that series really did suck me in. I was O.C.D.ing it bad! You should have seen me sitting on the couch with a bowl of ice cream in one hand, a book in the other hand, greasy, stringy hair and I just couldn't think of anything but that book! haha I really realized that I can't let myself do that ever again! Somebody's got to be the responsible one, and that's always Good ol' me!
The kids enjoyed a free for all on their halloween treat bags. It's pretty much all gone. I'm of the opinion that they can go ahead and eat it all and get it overwith in a couple of days. That's how I always do it. Glad it's over now.
Monday morning, I got a pile of chores waiting for me, so wish me good luck with that. So open all the windows if the weather's nice, and crank up the music and pull on some rubber gloves. I'll be thinking of all of you. Good luck on a new week! Let's all be of good cheer! Love to all.

5 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

glad that you enjoyed it. See I told you that you would love it. Glad to hear it was all about the books and not the kids. I so understand. Back to real life.

Melanie said...

LOl...you crack me up like always! Love you cousin sister kindred spirit of mine! I miss you so bad it hurts. :) Luvs!

Lisa said...

I told you you would get sucked in to those books! Glad they are over for you and me. Can't wait for the movie...hehehe.

Melissa said...

You two crack me up... I can't ever read a book without thinking about what else I could be getting done.

Yeah I got so consumed into the costumes last week that I have a mountain growing in my laundry room. I need to get it caught up!

Love you!

Lianna Black said...

I really want to start those books from everything I have heard, sounds so great! I will get it from the Library. Sorry you were ill for a bit and I hope you feel better fast! Sure love you now and admire you greatly!! hehe