Sunday, December 14, 2008

A great quote for Christmas

"This Christmas, mend a quarrel.
Seek out a forgotten friend.
Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust.
Write a letter.
Give a soft answer.
Encourage youth.
Manifest your loyalty in word and deed.
Keep a promise.
Forgo a grudge.
Forgive an enemy.
Apologize.
Try to understand.
Examine your demands on others.
Think first of someone else.
Be kind.
Be gentle.
Laugh a little more.
Express your gratitude.
Welcome a stranger.
Gladden the heart of a child.
Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.
Speak your love and then speak it again."
--Howard W. Hunter, "The Gifts of Christmas," Ensign, Dec 2002, 16

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah I went up to a person in my ward that has been a thorn in my side and gave her a compliment... I bet my lip was bleeding cause I was biting my lip to make sure I didn't say a mean something or two! HA HA! Anyway, thanks for the little reminders.

The Jones Family said...

Good for you! That's the Christmas spirit!

Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing that.......:)