I wanted to tell you all about my daily routine in hopes it might help any of you who feel like you don't have control over your life. I am trying out a general outline to follow each day that is really helping me to get everything done! Here it is(and you just have to change it to fit your needs if necessary)
DAILY ROUTINE
5:30-7am Personal time (workout,shower,dress)
7-9am Dress kids, breakfast, kids to school
9-12pm Clean the house, FAST, 10:30 snacktime
12-1:30 Lunch & start dinner
1:30-3pm Nap, teach Tommy, my personal time
3-4pm Get kids snack ready, pick up kids
4-5pm homework,chores,finish dinner
5:30pm dinnertime
6-6:30pm wash dishes
7pm start pajamas, story time, bedtime
8pm kids in bed
8-10pm personal time, cleaning/folding laundry
Goals to teach kids How to do this year:
Load the dishwasher
Sweep & mop & vacuum
Bus the table & counters
Do laundry
Clean bathrooms
I am already starting a chore chart on the fridge that has 4 jobs (for my 4 oldest kids to rotate): set the table, bus the table, load the dishwasher, and pick up all toys in the house. Once a week it rotates and they get a new job. I am teaching them how to do these jobs. Last night I handed everything off the table to Tommy, then I gave him a soapy rag to wash the table off, then a small broom/dustpan to sweep up the crumbs off the floor, then he tucked in all the chairs! It can be done! They have a whole week to learn how to do their job! I laminated their names and put a magnet on the back so they can always see who's job it is each week. I am hoping this will stick.
Last night it was 5:20pm and dinner was almost ready. I looked at the clock and thought "wow, this is working!"
We are also starting the book of mormon this year. I decided we will take turns reading a verse or two each during dinner, and have a family prayer each night. I am going to cling to these good habits I've started! I hope this helps someone out there! Love you now!
2 comments:
I am so inspired to get my routine in order! I love it! It feels so good to be organized! Love you shug.
Hey Julie! Thanks for the invite! Your day sounds a lot like my day, except in the middle of the day, I pick up Kiela from pre-school and the rest of the kids take the bus. And now reading your blog and your enthusiasm has motivated me to post on mine! Thanks!
Post a Comment