Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday!

Greetings and salutations... It has been a long day and a long week too. When's the last time I posted? Ummm... lets see, what has happened? Well, last week I ordered a new grain mill and a compact kitchen mixer. I was so excited to make homemade bread and stuff, but the mixer didn't work very well when I tried to make bread dough in it, so I boxed it up and returned it. I was going to buy a better one, but on Friday Jared's truck broke down and it costed $1039 dollars to fix it. So now I don't get to buy my mixer. I already gave away my old one, so now I guess I'll just have to "make do" for a while. Poohy!
So I'm kind of depressed over the unexpected expenses, but hey life happens to us all. I'll just have to sell some stuff and save up.

Today was a pretty good day. Jared had to go and pick up a desk from the salvation army this morning and deliver it to his Mother's apartment, then take her grocery shopping, and then go to buy a new/used lawn mower for $60 (great deal! It's self propelled!), so I got bored waiting for him to come home. I went to yard sales, and it was about 12:30pm when I did. This turned out to be the perfect time to go! I got a small table to go between Jr. and Ikers beds for $5! and I got 3 sets of sheets complete with pillow cases for 50 cents a piece. I also got 3 pairs of roller blades for $2 ea. and a winter coat for Mary for $1 also some lincoln logs for $1. It was totally cool. I bargained down on the price of everything because they were all tired of sitting in the hot sun and ready to pack up and call it a day.

Then we all went to the library together when Jared came home. After that I set up a craft center for the kids downstairs. I hung a shelf on the wall (with Jared's help) to put all our craft supplies on, and I set up a long table for their projects. This will really help with boredom blues. I hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Lianna Black said...

Sorry about your mixer :( that is the worst!!! Seems like everyone just makes junk these days and the big unexpected expense always sucks big time. So sorry to hear it. You little shugie plum! You got such good deals!! I think all of our sisters have the yard sale gene but me dangit, I never find deals. You are so lucky!! lol You and Susanna probably have the best time ever because you are both so good at finding the bargains! haha Can't wait to see you!!! Sounds like you had a good Saturday! SLYNBB!

Melissa said...

Yard sales and thrift stores are the best! We are a wasteful society... and everything is made crappy like Lianna said... We just throw it away and others of us can take it and put it to good use.

Yeah everyone I know is getting hit with an unexpected expense right now. Not sure what is going to happen with our economy getting really worried! We all have such young families and the money doesn't stretch too far anymore. Will's motorcycle needed some work the oil pan started a leak so lucky the dealership is giving us 50% off labor since we bought it within the last 90 days! Whew! But Over a thousand in repairs is hard.

Sorry shug! Love you

Lisa said...

Sorry about Unc's truck, it's always something. Like Nana, I don't have yard sale genes either. I'm so glad you do tho, I can be happy for your good deals! SLYNBB

Grandpa Fuller said...

Thata girl. Thrift thats what I like. Love, Dad