
This weeks been so busy with the kids being home Monday and Tuesday because of bad weather. The temperature outside was about 18 degrees on Monday, and 23 on Tuesday, with some snow fall. We had a lot of fun as a family with the kids home. I thought it would be kinda hard, but it was just so nice to have the kids home and spend some quality time with them. Plus, they got their rooms clean!
On Tuesday night we had a pretty bad scare with little Tommy. I was cooking dinner and Jared was watching a movie in our room while the kids played video games downstairs. I called everyone up for dinner and Tommy didn't come. Mary went to get him, and came back with tears in her eyes and said she couldn't find him anywhere. I searched high and low. Jared and I both were looking under beds, closets, the van and we couldn't see him anywhere. I burst out bawling and got pretty frantic (it was very ugly!) and Jared was out in the front yard looking (it was only about 15 degrees outside) I was on the phone with 911 freaking out when Jr. called from downstairs and said he found him hiding behind the couch. So it took me a few minutes to calm down. I was just sure he had wandered outside because he had wanted to go outside really bad earlier in the day. That was quite a horrible emotionally taxing experience, and I'm glad he is safe and that it is OVER! I don't know why he hid like that.
The kids were back to school yesterday, and I was glad to get some work done in the house. When I went to pick them up, there was a skinny stray cat at the school trying to get to all the school kids. It was so sad. It was very friendly, and it was so SKINNY! I brought it home because I just couldn't bear for it to be out in the cold like that. Jared suggested we keep it because it was so friendly to the kids, but as soon as it got up on top of my diningroom table where we EAT I was sure I couldn't deal with that right now. I am going to take it to the humane society today. I have one cat, and he knows not to come upstairs, he's a downstairs cat, and he is a hunter outside for the bulk of the time and comes in whenever he chooses. He doesn't spend any time with the kids, but he would never hurt them either, he's just nervous. That's all the pets I can deal with right now.
Anyway, today I am getting the house ready for the babysitter who is coming tonight. Jared and I are going to see the Glenn Beck show tonight at our local theatre. It's called "The Christmas Sweater" and I've heard so many good things about it. It's our Christmas present to eachother this year.
So, that's about all that is happening in my life. Gotta roll!
4 comments:
how scary for you..Kids
I know that panic VERY WELL when a kid in missing. Although it's never been longer than 5 minutes that anyone of the kids has been temporarily misplaced, still it's a feeling you never forget. One time in Walmart Dallin was gone and we looked, called for help from the employees and called and called. Finally we spotted him hiding in the bikes and we had been all around there yelling his name. I guess he was doing his bathroom business. Scared me to death. The panic just rises with every passing second. SOOO glad you found Tommy. Have fun at Glen Beck. LYN
I'm so glad you saw Glenn Beck. You will enjoy the book a lot more, he couldn't fit very much into the stage show. Keep a big box of tissues handy!
Sorry about the scare, and the stupid people honking at you. People are no dang good, very judgemental. And UGLY! amen.
Too funny! I have been there, trust me! Clint lost Cody as a little kid and we found him behind a couch covered in a laundry in a laundry basket sleeping! I was in pure panic mode... Took almost a half hour to find him! I could have killed Clint for not watching him close. He was not even 2!
Post a Comment