PARTY SWISS STEAK
4 lbs beef round, top or bottom, cut about 1/2 in. thick
3/4 cup flour
4-6 Tbsp shortening
1 Tbsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 cups water
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped green pepper
4 cans (14 oz) stewed tomatoes
Hot steamed rice
Cut meat into strips and dredge with 1/2 cup of the flour. Brown in hot shortening. Remove meat to a large dutch oven or roasting pan. Blend remaining flour with hot drippings, add seasonings. Gradually blend in water. Add vegetables. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Pour mixture over meat, cover with lid, and bake at 300 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat is tender. Serve over hot steamed rice.
I used my big skillet to brown the meat. Then put it into my big stock pot.
3 comments:
I might try this one! I have an army over here! LOL Man its getting harder and harder to feed these boys and one girl with a big appetite!
LUVS
I'll be right over. Looks Yummy. Love ya, Dad
:) you are so cute! LOoks delish!
Post a Comment