Here is a picture of our house for all who haven't seen it yet. I am toying with the idea of painting the front door a different color. Any ideas for different colors that would look nice?
Anyways, this has been an amazing week for me. I got a lot done in preparation for my baby to be here. I washed all my baby clothes, toys, carseat, blankets. It's just so neat to look at a little tiny pair of socks and remember how small he is going to be.
The kids kept on showing me a bunch of critters they'd seen or caught. It was amazing. The variety of what is around here is so neat. We've seen it all-small snakes, possums, racoons, squirrels, rabbits, deer, fox, toads, groundhogs, moles, exotic birds like cardinals, bluejays, owls, and vultures. And last year there was a huge hatching of big fuzzy caterpillars that kept dropping on our deck from the trees, about 50 at least. It's crazy cool!
I just have so many feelings to convey tonight. I am so happy to have all of you for my friends and family. I love being able to share all the things that are happening in my life. This blog is just such a blessing to me (as corny as that sounds) I would never have the time to send pictures to everyone with such frequency as I can here. I love it! I love you all! I'm in a good mood, you know, pregnancy hormones and all.
Well here is one or two of my favorite recipes in the world for you to enjoy. Take my word for it, these are GOOD...
Fettuccine Alfredo w/ chicken
8 oz uncooked pasta (fettuccine)
cook according to package directions.
Sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
dash garlic powder
1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
chopped fresh parsley (optional)
So, just melt butter, add flour and spices and then cream, milk, parmesan cheese and bring to a boil then remove from heat immediately. Toss with noodles and then top with chopped parsley if desired.
Chicken: I like to have chicken with this dish. I just have two boneless skinless chicken breasts and cook them on my george forman grill with some seasoned salt on them, or you can fry them in a little oil until they are nice and crispy. Cut into strips and serve with it. This meal tastes good with some hot bread and a vegetable.
Here's another great one:
Potato cheese chowder:
5-6 slices of bacon (fried and chopped up) reserve 1 Tbsp of the drippings and set aside bacon. Put the drippings into a pan and add:
1/2 cup onions (scallions are my fav)
3-4 ribs celery, chopped.
cook about 10 minutes until carmelized. then add:
1 14 oz can chicken broth
1 cup water
4-5 regular potatoes, cubed.
bring to a boil, simmer til tender (about 20 min.) then stir in:
2 cups half and half mixed with 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
Add salt and pepper to taste, put cheese & bacon on top. This meal tastes good with cornbread, heck you can even put some frozen corn in the soup and make a nice corn chowder too. It's so good.
Sugar Cookies w/ cream cheese frosting:
1 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. almond extract
3 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
Throw this all together and then roll it out to about 1/3 in. thick (it's up to you how thin you have them, but I wouldn't suggest too thin because they will be crunchy!) then cut them out with cookie cutters and bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese softened
2 Tbsp butter softened
2 tsp. vanilla
food coloring
4 cups powdered sugar
Just mix this together, adding 1 cup at a time of the powdered sugar (or you'll have a mess to clean up!) Our favorite is to make the frosting pink or yellow. This is enough frosting to put a thick layer on each cookie, which I just love. Don't forget the sprinkles!
I hope you all have a super week. Love you now!!!
2 comments:
thanks for the recepie and cool looking pictures
great recipes shug!!! I love exchanging recipes!!! I love all your pics and how adorable the kids are!! I bet its a kids dream come true to see all those wonderful interesting creatures! Thank you so much for sharing pics, its awesome! love ya now!
Post a Comment