Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm so busy, but here's a little post for ya

So, here's the story. I went to the hospital on Sunday afternoon, and honestly I didn't feel like it was baby time, but I felt a small spot on the back of my leg that hurt when I flexed, so I thought it might be a clot forming. I just went in to get that checked out and it turned out to be nothing. So anyway, the doctors are leaving the room, and I say " Hey why don't you check me really quick just to see if I've made any progress since last Wednesday at the doctor" , and they said "sure". So it turns out I was already at a 4! So they said they don't let people go home when they are already a 4, but they would give me the option. (Like I'm gonna say no, I just want to go home and suffer it out for another week) I said I would stay and have the baby. And it turns out I was progressing on my own. They didn't need to give me pitosin or anything, by midnight I was complete, and he was born at 12:35am! It was a good labor this time, I had an awesome epidural. I could still feel my feet and feel the baby coming out, which is a priceless experience every time. He was born with 10 fingers and 10 toes, and I'm so glad he was healthy and that he is doing well.
I am back to my normal self. Yesterday I had to take the baby to his first doctor appointment. He is doing great. Then I stopped by Sam's club afterward to pick up a few groceries, and then over to Lowe's to pick up a couple boards I needed for Jared to fix Isaac's bed. I know, I'm crazy. I just love to have an active lifestyle! I kept a blanket over the carseat and never opened up, so the baby didn't get anyone's germs!
I also kicked Jared out this morning and told him to go back to work so I could get back to my routine. It was nice to have him help so much, but now I need to be back behind the wheel, you know what I mean? He did so much while I was at the hospital! He did an awesome job keeping the house clean and the kids out of trouble. I have a good man! I love you sweetie! Thanks for all your hard work.
Well, life is still good, even though I am sleep deprived and stressed out a little more than before, but I'm sure it will all even out, it always does. Have a good day people!




3 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! I was only up around like that with my first gotta love vaginal deliveries. Within a few days I was driving and running errands again. But these last three oh my do C-sections knock you off your feet. I am impressed Jewels! YOU GO GIRL! Such a cliche'... One tough chick! Like my friend always says "you will be ready to walk barefoot in the snow when the Prophet calls us to the promise land" LOL! Have to say I envy the new baby feeling your having right now. Guess I am a little baby hungry!

Dont over do it! But I totally know what you mean each time I have kicked Will out the door sooner and sooner! After a few days it is like "Get out of my way! Let me do that"

Enjoy this "season" it will change all too quickly!

Melissa said...

PS Was that long enough for ya? Sorry I am a goober!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

yeah it was easy for you. Glad that you sent him back to work.