Monday, June 16, 2008

My kids are in summer school!

They have a great summer school program here! It's only 4 weeks long, and the kids get $100 debit card if they don't miss any days! It's at the local elementary schools, so it's just like going to the regular school year, but it's a lot more fun for them. They do fun activities and like twice the outdoor recess time. It's gonna save my bacon! I can actually do a bunch of stuff I haven't had time to do before the baby comes.
It was very sad for me to say goodbye to Mary this morning though. It was her first day of real school. After she went into the classroom, I have to admit I had a few tears. It's the beginning of goodbyes down the road. They grow up way too fast. Mom's have to go through so much in this life! They have their hearts ripped out when the kids grow up and leave. Or maybe they can just breath out a sigh of relief that all the insanity is over! I don't know, probably a mixture of both! haha
Well, gotta get to all my chores...laundry, dishes and trash, oh my!

4 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

have a fun time while the kids are in school. It will go by fast and enjoy those moments with less kids in the house. Yes I understand them growing up too.

Melissa said...

Hey Jewels thanks for the sweet comment this morning. I just had to cry. I miss Nan so much lately and I can't feel her around as much as I used to. I usually just make cookies to feel close to her or make some blackbery jam! LOL I haven't made any in almost 2 years. I still remember your Jelly with Lump story. I love that one. She had the best sense of humor.

Moms do go through a lot. Carrying the babies for 9months not to mention child labor, freaking out when they get hurt or sick, missing them when they leave, and I don't want to start the teens years with Michele and Cody is not far behind and soon they will leave my nest. Mixed emotions there.

Love you thanks for brightening my day! I needed it.

Melissa said...

PS I wish I got a debit card for going to school! What a great area you live in!

Lianna Black said...

I understand how it feels, every goodbye we say is one step closer to the next one until they are all gone..:( just take our heart out and step on it..might hurt less :) I think that is so cool that the kids get to have a debit card if they dont miss! WOW! Happy kids equals happy mommy - good on ya shug! LOL slynbb