Friday, July 4, 2008

I keep on quilting!

I was so excited to finish the baby quilt Dad and Lu sent to me. I remembered just how much fun it was to sew and quilt, so I kept on going and made two quilts for Mary, and one for little Isabella (Susie's smallest sweet girl). One was for Mary's bed, and the other one for the couch when she is watching T.V. or if it is cold in the van, she can take it out there also. I am not finished yet, I think I will start making some new aprons for Mary and me, and some summer shorts for Mary. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Here's Mary with her new bed quilt. She still won't give up her ratty old ballerina blanket though! So she has both.




Here's Mary with her new lap quilt. It has Ariel the little mermaid on it. Her favorite colors are pink and purple (you know it!) and now she has one pink and one purple quilt! Happiness!

Here is little Isabella with her "froggy" quilt. It was an immediate hit. When I saw her a couple weeks ago, she had a receiving blanket around her shoulders. She just LOVES blankies of any size and shape, so I knew I had to make her a special one. She is adorable. She calls me "Aunt Joo-jee", and she has been so excited to see my baby. What a sweetie. I love her so much.

1 comment:

Lianna Black said...

What wonderful pictures of those sweet little girls! Shug you are so awesome at quilting! I think I may have to send you some dough and put in a special order for Camo..hehe - he loves the one you made him already and he got tons of use out of it last winter. You are so talented!!!! Love you so much now and please give lots of hugs and loves to your family for me and to Sue and hers...hehe love you!