Friday, September 12, 2008

The squirrels found a good home!

We took the squirrels to cub-scouts to show them to all the cubs, and it turned out that one of the ladies in my ward has a sister who is a "nature lover" and has raised all kinds of animals, including squirrels! So she called her sister and set it up. She was practically begging to get them even though she had to come all the way from Ohio to get them. So I gave them up, of course. I know they are in good hands. I have to admit I was a little sad when I had to say goodbye. I was their Mommy for a few days. I wiped their butts and fed them from a bottle and watched the milk running down their chins. It was so sweet. I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to experience something so beautiful. I love this earth and all the creatures God has created and placed here. I have had so many wonderful experiences while living here in Missouri. I remember taking a little nature walk out in the woods behind our house and I saw a beautiful rock with thick moss growing all over it, and I stopped and just looked at it for a minute, it was so beautiful. It has an effect on your soul somehow when you experience nature's beauty. The Lord has created all of this for us, and I am so thankful to Him.

I am glad I got to be a mother of 8 for a few days. It was a truly amazing thing that I'll probably never forget. Now, I can dig in and get back to work in my house. I am getting caught up, which is always good. A couple of people are going to be staying the night with us the next couple of nights. They are coming in from the outlying areas of our stake for an Especially for Youth two day event at the university. That will be interesting. I have to get the downstairs spiffy and clean and spray some air freshener down there! Ha ha My boys will be sleeping in our room on the floor while they are here, because I'm a person who believes I'd rather be safe than sorry. I would never give access to my kids to people who I do not know. I don't really trust anyone I don't know, even if they are members of the church. So that's what's going on around here. I hope you all are having fun! Love you

3 comments:

Lianna Black said...

Yay for the babies! haha I am so glad you found a good home for them. I can relate to the mothering attachment, its just natural. When I mother someone, it makes me love them with a love that cannot be contained, its unreal. I guess as mothers we are blessed with that. I am glad you had the chance to share something so sweet with your kids and that you will always have that wonderful memory to share together. Sure love ya now!

Grandpa Fuller said...

Tree squarils or ground squarils? ugly little things aren't they. But mothers will be mothers. Glad you are a good one. Love ya Dad

Angela said...

Who's "Band of Singles"? Is that some new music gig you're putting together Dad?